Are you dreading Valentine’s Day because you are at loss on what to cook at your V-day dinner party? What color themed food or heart shaped desserts will bring out the Valentines celebratory feeling? A Valentine’s Day dinner party is a great way to gather around with your fiancée, friends, and family and have fun on a day otherwise dedicated to those in love. If you want to make something special to transform you and your guests’ day, try the following amazing Valentine dinner party ideas:
Go Ham, When Setting the Mood
Once you invite your guests and know who will be attending your dinner party, jazzing up your venue with candles or dim lights, red and pink heart shaped decorations, lace table clothes, a photobooth, goodie bags as return gifts for your guests and great non-cutesy but romantic music get heart rates pumping and people rearing to dance to the tunes after dinner.
Throw in Some Fun and Games
By ensuring that your party includes fun and games besides the dance to music and the delicious dishes you will get everyone to enjoy themselves while getting to know each other better.
This can be through singing along to silly love songs. Bonus point: Get a karaoke machine if possible.
Another way would be to play a game or several games such as stacking conversation hearts and declaring the person whose highest candy tower does not topple over. Guessing the number of Valentine-themed candy in a glass jar can also make for some hilarious times. Bonus: Give the winner the cards or candy as their prize!
Other fun activities can be in the form of Valentine themed DIY activities such as creating themed bags, notes, cards etc.
Say It with the Menu!
Cocktails to start you off…
You can make great Valentine-themed cocktails or stick to wine. The redder the better as this helps set the mood. Pomegranate juice cocktail, red wine, aphrodisiac margaritas, sangrias and Manhattan cocktails start things off nicely.
- Finger-licking starter and main dishes
Love soup made from sweet roasted vegetables, baked sea bass, and salad accompaniments, chicken or steaks make for great main dishes.
- Something red or chocolate filled for dessert
Valentine’s Day is hardly worth it if you can’t stuff your face and please your taste buds with the goodness of red foods and chocolate. Your dinner party is the perfect opportunity to engage in such awesomeness and then retire to chocolate-filled dreams later.
- For example, heart-shaped strawberries dipped in chocolate make for the best desserts. With their striking red color, amazingly sweet flavor and shape not to mention juicy seductiveness, they make for amazing treats.
- Another amazing dessert would be whipping up a recipe consisting of dark chocolate and mint leaves. Simply delicious!
- Cookies and cream truffles made by combining chocolate sandwich cookies accompanied by cream cheese then rolling them in chocolate are one of great Valentine dinner party ideas. Sweetheart cupcakes are another option.