We know, potato leek soup is a recipe that’s typically for Winter but let’s be honest, this cold Spring weather could use some good old home made soup! This week, we’ve chosen Potato Leek Soup. Read on to learn how to make this delicious soup yourself. It’s easy and we bet you won’t get enough of it!
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- 4 leeks, thinly sliced
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of tarragon
- 1 cup of plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Ground black better to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, as garniture (optional)
1. Take a large saucepan and heat up the olive oil on a low heat (not too hot otherwise the oil will spatter everywhere).
2. Add the leeks, do not but the heat any higher. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, until the leek is soft.
3. Add the vegetable broth and the diced potato and set the fire a little higher until everything is boiling.
4. When you’ve reached the boiling point, reduce to a simmer and cover the sauce pan. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Add the tarragon and pour everything into a blender. You might have to work in smaller portions.
6. Puree everything in the blender and then pour it back into the saucepan over a low heat.
7. Add the Greek yoghurt and stir to blend everything well. To not increase the heat.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve warm with the optional chives as garniture.
Credits: Natural Health Mag.