We all like to fit in when we’re travelling, but sometimes the different names for different food can stump even the most well travelled.
Here’s a handy little cheat sheet to avoid embarrassing yourself or worse, ending up with entirely the wrong thing!
- Cilantro – Coriander (Aus)
- Bell Peppers – Capsicum (Aus)
- Bell Peppers – Pepperoni (Italy)
- Fries – Chips (UK)
- Beets – Beetroot (UK)
- Soda Pop – Fizzy Drink (UK)
- Soda Pop – Soft Drink (Aus)
- Ketchup – Tomato Sauce (Aus)
- Scallions – Spring Onions (NZ)
- Arugula – Rocket (Aus)